Sunday, October 14, 2007

Congee

The season's changing and it's getting colder and I just felt like having congee for once. There's nothing elaborate about today's post; just plain boring.

*random insert of speech, "HALLOWEEN! it's coming!"*

We went for brunch at Happy King Seafood Restaurant yesterday, after we finished our errands.



This is a type of Fried Sweet Bread. I'm still trying to track down the name for it since I only know it in Chinese. This one is my favorite; it never changes and it's always consistent. It's tasty and crunchy.



This is a type of Fried Salted Bread. Again, I'm still trying to track down the name for this one as well, since I only know it in Chinese. There's a similar bread like this one sold in Malaysia and it should taste better than the ones made here.



I ordered Preserved Duck Egg & Salted Pork Congee. It's usually what I ordered every time I'm in the mood for congee. It's a pretty standard congee bowl you can get in any Chinese restaurant/cafe place, but I've had better. With congee you can eat it was fried breads or traditionally with Fried Chinese Donuts.



Location:

Happy King Seafood Restaurant
#258 - 2800 East 1st. Avenue
Vancouver, BC
V5M 4P2
1-604-215-3338

No comments: