Wednesday, November 28, 2007

i Café

Today's entry is semi-late, but it'll be short and simple.

This past Saturday, my parents and I went to i Café for dinner. They have a stairway leading up to their entrance and you would notice their giant decor to the right of it. The overall place is really simple, but spacious and with a nice view if you're seated by the window. I've never had any problems with their service, but their food is average. If you ever decide to order any of their beef dishes like prime rib, sirloin or their pork/beef combo set, you definitely won't regret it.



I ordered their Ying Yang Steak Rice. I've tried it before and it's really delicious. I can't really complain. This dish has always been consistent in flavor and taste. The carrots were a bit too soft, but they were still sweet and tasty.

My dad had ordered the Prime Rib set and the beef tasted fresh and flavorful. It tasted like it's supposed to. Most beef steaks nowadays lacks that beef flavor and taste.



For once, we ordered dessert and it's Tiramisu. I don't know whether they made it or had them made and shipped to the restaurant, but as for someone such as myself, who knows a bit about desserts, this is definitely not the typical Tiramisu. The texture was very different from the ones I'm used to tasting. It was more gelatin like than light and fluffy and dense in flavor. It just didn't seem very fulfilling.

Since I'm getting back into the work mode, I won't be updating as much, as I won't be free to go out as often as I like. The place I work is basically a 24/7 operation, so that will keep me quite occupied.



Location:

i Café
2525 Heather Street
Vancouver, BC
V5Z 3J2
1-604-630-0238

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That Cake thing looks gooood.


HAPPY NEW YEAR <3