Sunday, August 5, 2007

All you can eat...

At Richmond Sushi. That's where we went for lunch today. I won't get into an elaborate post today, since I'm dead tired from manual work. However, you'll get a few more photos than normal. The service we had today was absolutely awesome. She was speedy, efficient and never missed anything. The lunch menu for "all you can eat" is very limited. I didn't see any Tempura Prawns, Unagi or Tamago as an individual item, but I'm sure that's available during dinner time. Some items were good and some weren't, but I've had better "all you can eat" elsewhere. I don't know whether to label it as average or just a bit more than average.



To start off, we've got Miso Soup in the red and black bowl. In the back we have Ebi Sunomono, Fried Scallops and Agedashi Tofu. The Miso Soup was so-so, Ebi Sunomono was refreshing, Fried Scallops was good and the Agedashi Tofu was not so good to eat or look at, either.



We have Chicken Karaage in the front, which, was pretty good. It's not greasy and salty at all and it's quite crispy. The Gyoza on the right of the Chicken karaage was pretty disgusting. The Beef Spare Ribs above the Gyoza was so tender and flavorful. As for the Motoyaki (in the tin cup), I don't know what it taste like since I don't like oyster.



This particular Chicken Yakitori tasted quite different from what I've had at other places. It's not bad or good, but at least it had flavor and it was white meat.



Bring on the sushi rolls. In the front row, we have, B.C. Roll. In the middle, it's Dynamite Roll. At the very back, it's Futomaki Roll. They were just so-so.



California Roll on the left and Spider Roll on the right. Again, these were just so-so, but the Spider Roll had a nice texture.



This was called, Curry Croquette. When I was in Culinary Arts, that shape is not what we considered as croquette. However, it was light and fluffy and the taste of curry was really mild and sweet. The outside was really crispy.



Split Salmon head; it was quite tender. We did order more, but they didn't look too pretty to post and I'm lazy. The Yakisoba and Seafood Fried Rice was bland in taste and plain to look at. The Teriyaki Chicken and Beef was literally drenched in sauce.



Location:

Richmond Sushi
8388 Capstan Way #1488
Richmond, BC
1-604-207-7799

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi hi I don't really like meat and stuff, but some dishes looked delicious, I felt like eating that croquete thingy

Anonymous said...

crys............ i want sushi now!! man.... visiting ur site gives me hunger attacks!!! n i have nothing to eat... *growls* damn it....