Saturday, August 11, 2007

Angel Cafe

I should call this my weekly blog more than anything, since I usually post on the weekends. Another Saturday lunch with the family. This time we ordered three dishes to share. It came with either, a Tomato Vegetable Soup or Cream Soup.



As you can see, we went for the Cream Soup. It was below the average cream of corn soup with bits of ham and there were tons of small flour lumps in it. Cream soups aren't usually done well, unless you go to some expensive restaurant.



The first dish that came was, Szechuan Beef Brisket Fried Noodles. At first glance, it looks fine, but there's at least half a cup of oil at the bottom of the dish. I would considered this un-edible and disgusting. The noodles were not only fried, but they were soaking in more oil. I feel a clogged artery coming. There was nothing about the dish that screams, Szechuan. I could be wrong...



The second dish was, Salted Fish Fried Rice. It's a bit moist for fried rice and the salted fish wasn't evenly spread throughout the rice. I've had better Salted Fish Fried Rice, elsewhere. I think the salted fish was either, bad or extremely cheap because it had this weird awful smell to it. Usually, salted fish has a nice and aromatic salt smell.



The last dish was, Malay Stir Fry Noodles. It was the only dish that I like. It was sweet and spicy. Although, it would have been better if it was just a tad more spicier, but that's just my personal opinion. I have no complaints on this one and I'm not sure how authentic it actually is, but it tasted really good.

Tonight, I'll be home alone and I plan on making a sandwich for dinner. It's much more healthier for me, anyway. I'll also be watching "Da Ge Da which is, Fei Ge" on channel 229 (shaw cable). The theme of the show is, guess their talent. Basically, famous people (mostly females because the host is a big pervert =p) are invited to the show to guess around 4 - 5 people's talents. Whoever guesses right, wins the chance to eat a specific dish done by a specific chef. There is a total of 4 - 5 chances and 4 - 5 dishes and it's a one hour show. It's quite comical.



Location:

Angel Cafe
5995 Fraser Street at 44th Avenue
Vancouver, BC
V5W 2Z6
1-604-323-8948

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That cream stuff makes me want to lick it.







:D::D:D:D:D

Deetsa said...

looks like you've been keeping busy with the resto-exploration even if only on the weekends. :D