Monday, August 13, 2007

Dinner at BP...

or Boston Pizza. A bunch of us from church decided to have dinner yesterday to welcome Takui, who just came to Canada from Japan a week ago. Obviously, we didn't want to go for something Japanese and we didn't want to go to a place that would involve a long line up. Somehow, we ended up at BP. I think there were 14 of us. I was down at one end of the table and so, I could not take pictures of what they ordered at the other end. All I know is, they ordered two kinds of pizza and poutine. Our end decided to start off with an Appie Starter. It includes six oven-roasted BBQ wings, three cheese toast, cactus cut potatoes and cracked pepper dry ribs with sour cream dip in a small tortilla cup.



Overall, it was just okay. Nothing over the top. The dry ribs still had a bad pork after taste and the bread could have been a bit crispier, but that's just me.

Just a warning though, the descriptions of these meals were taken from the Boston Pizza website, but with a few alterations.



I ordered the Oven Roasted Chicken Quesadilla. It's filled with tender pieces of spicy chicken breast, cheddar, mozzarella, diced tomato and green onions. Served with sour cream and salsa.

I'm starting to think that every single joint out there brings in saline injected chicken breasts. There's just no way you can over cook those, unless you've burnt them. They always stay moist and tender and never rubbery and tough. They're nasty to eat and it's just cheaper to order in those kinds of chicken breasts than buying the non-processed ones. I mainly order chicken dishes and I can taste the difference. In the future, I will avoid ordering chicken from BP again. Yesterday, was my second visit to BP. Besides the chicken, everything else tasted fine. As silly as it may sound, the tortilla cups that had the dips in them were so crunchy. I give them two thumbs up for that. And now, the dishes of others.



The girl on my right ordered, Baked Three Cheese Penne. It's penne tossed in a hearty bolognese sauce, baked with a delicious blend of cheddar and mozzarella. Finished with Parmesan and sliced cajun chicken breast. Served with a slice of garlic toast.



The guy on my left ordered, Chicken Santa Fe Stromboli. It has spicy chicken breast, salsa, green pepper, olives, mozzarella, cheddar, diced tomatoes and fries on the side.



The girl across from the guy on my the left ordered, Chicken Caesar. It's romaine lettuce tossed with their signature creamy garlic dressing, crunchy croutons, sprinkled with freshly grated Parmesan and topped with a sliced teriyaki chicken breast. Served with a slice of garlic toast.

She also hated the chicken. She said it tasted like a specific cracker (wan wan) they sold in Taiwan. I haven't a clue.



The girl across from me ordered, Homestyle Lasagna. It's tender lasagna noodles layered between ricotta and Parmesan, pomodoro sauce, ground beef, pork, tomatoes, green pepper, onion, garlic and herbs. Finished with bolognese sauce and melted mozzarella. Served with a slice of garlic toast.

Quite a few of us decided to ordered something with chicken in it.



Location:

Boston Pizza
4219 Lougheed Hwy
Burnaby, BC
V5C 3Y6
1-604-299-7600
Boston Pizza

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

NOOO Why did I come here...?!

Italian food owns my soul xD
I want to bite my monitor TT

child-prodigy said...

lmao...I don't why you came either =p

I didn't know Italian food owns your soul! that's good to know...you should go make some vegetarian lasagna or something. However, I don't think it's such a good idea to take a bite of your monitor...your comp is slowly dying as it is.

Anonymous said...

Lol I love it but it's been long since the last time I ate, I don't cook, I dont dare to do so, ...yet

I'm afraid I'll leave the kitchen on fire

I should try though...try to cook not lit the kitchen