Saturday, September 15, 2007

In the mood for...

Japanese Food. We had a few choices as to where we could go in Richmond city. We ended up going to Aji Taro just because we can't remember what their food taste like. Yes, we're quite random. Instead of eating all you can eat, we decide to order off the menu instead. All I can say is, my taste buds were confused through out the entire meal. We started off with a Boat Combo and it came with Miso Soup. The Miso Soup was pretty salt. The entire meal was pretty salty except a few things.



I'm one of those Asian child that don't eat raw fish and believe me, I've tried it before and it doesn't settle well. I really liked their salad; it was crisp and refreshing. The Chicken Karaage (wings) lacked some salt. It was pretty bland and yet, the California Roll was salty enough that I didn't need the soy sauce. Talk about confusion with the flavors. The experience of eating the California Roll was like eating baby food.



This Chicken Teriyaki came with the Boat Combo. It had a bit too much sauce in the Yakisoba and it was a tad bit sweet, but generally it tasted pretty good.



Obviously, we had no idea that the rolls were that salty when we ordered these. Salty and mushy.



Deep Fried Ika or squid. Again, the salad was very delicious and the deep fried squid was good as well. I only wished that it was a bit more dried or deep fried longer to get rid of the moisture.



BBQ Ika Yaki or grilled BBQ squid. It had a very pungent squid smell and taste to it, which means it's not that fresh. I had 2-3 pieces and ate the vegetables.

I'm starting to think I'm becoming a health nut, but I'm actually suppose to watch what I eat. Everything just taste extremely salty and sweet to me nowadays. My only temptations would be ice cream and chocolate. The chocolate part is easy to solve if you want a less sweeter version of it and just go for dark chocolate. Ice cream, sorbet or gelato is a bit harder to solve when almost every single item out there is so sweet. I have found a few vanilla chocolate dipped bars that aren't too sweet. If anyone knows any brand that has a less sweeter version, please let me know, thanks.



Location:

Aji Taro
101-4940 No. 3 Road
Richmond, BC
1-604-273-3838

No comments: