Saturday, November 3, 2007

Tower of muffins!

On Thursday, I decided to bake some muffins since I have an unopened container of sour cream sitting in the fridge. Here are my results.



Isn't it pretty? Eh, just humor me. It had a bit too much blueberries in it, so you guys can reduced the amount of blueberries used or not. Also, since I didn't have Pastry Flour I just used All Purpose Flour. The difference of not using Pastry Flour wasn't too noticeable, but a slight change of texture in the outcome. Originally, the recipe is for 6 dozen and I re-calculated it to make 1 dozen instead. Here is the recipe.

Sour Cream Blueberry Muffins (Yield: 1 Dozen)

Ingredients:
100g Granulated Sugar
112.5g Softened Butter
1.67g Salt
12.5g Lemon Zest
66.67g Whole Eggs
66.67g Sour Cream
141.67g Milk
250g Pastry Flour
7.5g Baking Powder
1.67g Baking Soda
166.67g Frozen Blueberries

Procedures:
1) Cream sugar, butter and salt.
2) Add eggs slowly and scrape bowl frequently.
3) Add sour cream, again scrape bowl.
4) Add milk and dry ingredients in alternating stages (1/3 at a time) starting with milk and following with flour.
5) Fold in frozen blueberries. A tip I learned in school is to dust the frozen blueberries with a bit of flour before folding it into the mixture. That way the mixture will grab onto the dusted flour. It's the same as breading items for deep frying.
6) Pipe or drop into prepared muffin tins.
7) Bake at 190°C (375°F) for 20 - 25 minutes or until done.

Have fun baking!

So, earlier today my family went to Happy King Seafood Restaurant for lunch again and I ordered this dish.



Free Range Chicken on Rice. One word, YUCK! I don't care if it was average tasting or not, just don't order it. Look at it; the pinkish color is enough to make you gag. *please ignore my sarcasm* But you have to admit, it holds some truth to it. It may not seem too bad, but up close and personal it's pink. I don't even want to comment on this. Tomorrow, I'll blog about what I had for dinner today.



Location:

Happy King Seafood Restaurant
#258 - 2800 East 1st. Avenue
Vancouver, BC
V5M 4P2
1-604-215-3338

No comments: