Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Rediscovery

Okay, so I lied about blogging the day after my last entry, but I sort of got distracted with other things that were more important.

Anyway, long story short, my dad thought it was a good idea to bring the whole family back to the same restaurant that my dad and I had went to the week before last Saturday. For those who missed it, you can read about it here. Obviously, I'm not going to post pictures that's already been seen. We're here for the new ones. When I walked into the restaurant on Saturday, I was a bit disappointed to see the servers back to normal without the bunny ears/tails and butterfly wings. I guess they only dressed up for Halloween.

We pretty much ordered the same thing as last time except for the Pan Fried Pork Dumplings and again, I forgot to take pictures of the Pork Pot Stickers.



Here we have a small tray of various condiments. There's chili oil, black vinegar, thinly shredded ginger and toothpicks.



Braised Beef Tripe. I didn't try this.



Shredded Pork And Hoisin Sauce Pancakes with shredded cucumbers underneath. My only major complaint is not enough pancakes to go around and after awhile the dish itself just gets kind of disgusting. Not that it's not good or anything, I just think the dish could have been cooked a bit longer with less Hoisin Sauce. The mixture was a bit too wet for my liking.



I'm usually not a big fan of noodles, but this dish was really good. I don't even need the vegetables or seafood there. The squid was rubber. I could be wrong about it being squid. It could have been cuttlefish and they're within the same species.



Cold Wined Chicken was not good at all. Didn't like the texture or the taste.



Location:

Dinesty Chinese Restaurant
160 - 8111 Ackroyd Road
Richmond, BC
V6X 3K1
1-604-303-7772

No comments: